MBBS Admission Procedure in Russia for Indian Students
The process of getting admission in Russia for MBBS is very simple. Russian Medical Universities do not require Indian students to pass any entrance exam for admission to MBBS Course in Russia. Admissions are based on the marks obtained in the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (intermediate). Candidate must also fulfill the admission guidelines of Russian medical University and NEET-UG eligibility criteria set by the Medical Council of India.
Indian students must satisfy the following criteria to take admission in MBBS in Russia:
Eligibility for admission in Russia (MBBS/BDS):
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The student must have passed with an aggregate of 50% marks and 50% marks in PCB subjects.
- Candidates must have completed 17 years as of December 31, 2020.
- Indian students must qualify for the NEET (UG) Exam for MBBS and BDS admission.
Application dates and deadlines 2020:
Applications for admission in Russia for MBBS will likely to start from 1st May every year. The application form filing period is 15th June to 31st October. All applications must be submitted by October 25. We advise students to make an early application because there is a large number of applicants and seats are limited. Admissions are given strictly on a first come first served basis and depend on availability. Therefore, there is an added benefit to those applicants who apply early.
Academic Session in Russian Medical Universities
The academic year in Russia has two semesters. The first semester in Russian medical universities begins in September and ends in January. The second semester begins in February and ends in June. At the end of each semester, students are passing exams. After this, they have holidays: 2 weeks in winter (from 25th of January to 9th of February), 2 months in summer (from 1st of July to 30th of August).
How to apply to a Russian medical university?
Here is the step-by-step admission guidance on how an Indian student can apply for admission to Russian Medical college.
1. Visit or call any of our offices/representatives for free counseling for admission. There you will be provided information regarding Russian medical universities, eligibility criteria, MBBS fee structure, admission procedure, and facilitation fees of Continental Education Consultants. The students and parents need to understand all the information about Universities, studying and living costs in Russia.
2. Once the student has satisfied with all the merits and demerits of studying in Russia, The student should submit a duly filled in admission form along with scanned copies of class 10th & 12th certificates and mark sheets. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org )
At this primary stage, the student has to pay an application/registration fee of RS. 15,000 (Fifteen Thousand), either through a Demand Draft favoring Continental Education payable at Delhi/New Delhi OR you can Bank Transfer the said amount to the company account. The application fee once paid is non-refundable.
3. After you’ve paid the application fee and submitted your application, you’ll receive a confirmation email. Once this is complete your application is forwarded to the concerned University. Within two weeks university will issue an admission/acceptance letter confirming the reservation of the seat. This letter of admission is then given to the student. At this time, the student has to pay Rs. 30,000.
4. Next, we will apply for the VISA INVITATION LETTER which is an official document issued by the Ministry of Foreign affairs of the Russian federation. Seeking the Invitation letter is a tedious task and it takes somewhere around one month. (at this stage student should submit his original Passport).
5. Next, after receiving the INVITATION LETTER and Original Passport, CEC will apply for a student VISA from the Russian embassy. Once the visa is ready, the student is informed about the date of travel. The student shall make arrangements to take necessary foreign exchange (US Dollars) for the University tuition fees and living expenses. All original documents including passport are given back to the student. At this time, the student has to pay Rs. 40,000.
6. By this time, the students should start preparing for their travel to Russia. Besides, a check-list of necessary instructions and essential items will also be provided to the traveling students.
7. The students will also need to ensure that all the necessary documents are collected as such documents will need to be presented at the university office on their arrival.
8. On their arrival to Moscow, the students will be received by our representative who will guide them from the Airport to the University Hostel. The next day, the representative will help them to pay the college fees and Administrative fees in the university, wherein you will be joining the course of MBBS. The student will not have any problem because he/she will be guided until the complete admission process is done. We will accompany the young learners at every step on foreign soil.
CEC Provide the following services to their students:
- Providing students with all necessary information about the University and living in Russia
- Providing Admission letter from University
- Providing Invitation/VISA letter from Ministry of External Affairs of Russia
- Providing Visa from the Russian Embassy
- The arrangement of Air Tickets (Airfare paid by the student separately)
- Accompany students during travel to Russia.
- Transportation of students from the Airport to the hostel.
- Making arrangements for hostel accommodation.
- On arrival call to parents.
- Providing Local Sim Card.
- Arranging food for one or two days of beginning.
- Assistance in immigration registration in the Russian Federation.
- Organizing local sightseeing tours of the city and the region.
- Assisting students in undergoing a medical checkup.
- A student ID card, hostel card, Internat
- An opening of a Bank account in Russia.
Documents required for application in Russian medical university:
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- 6 Passport size colored photographs in white background (4.5 cm /3.5 cm)
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- The last date of application for MBBS admission 2020-2021 session is
TATKAL PASSPORT SCHEME (if students do not have a Passport, then they can apply for an urgent passport on the basis of the confirmation letter.
For any other query and clarification, please feel free to contact us on Mob. 91-9810717555
NOTE: Here’s good news for Indian students aspiring to study medicine in foreign universities. Medical Council of India (MCI) has released a Gazette notification extending the NEET validity to three years.
According to the MCI Gazette notification, the result of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) shall be valid for a period of three years from the date of declaration of results. This will help the students who are going abroad as the admission process in different countries is a time-taking exercise.
The notification also said the regulation “shall come into force from the date of publication in the Official Gazette”, which is March 14, 2019.
NOTE: Many agents promote “Subsidized Tuition Fees” with the Russian medical universities. In this scheme, they ask the students to pay 6 years’ fees together with a discount. CEC always warns the student that there is no such system by the Russian University having “subsidized fees”. The amount would be kept by the agent and ultimately you would end us in trouble when they do not pay the fees to the university on your behalf.