MBBS Admission Procedure in Russia
The process for getting admission in MBBS in Russia is very simple. Russian Medical Universities do not require Indian students to pass any entrance exams for admission in MBBS Course. Admissions are based on a first come first served, subject to the candidate satisfying the eligibility criteria set by the Russian medical University and MCI Medical Council of India (for Indian students).
Indian students must satisfy the following criteria to take admission in MBBS in Russia:
Eligibility for admission:
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The student must have passed with an aggregate of 50% marks and 50% marks in PCB subjects.
- Candidates must have completed 17 years as on December 31, 2020.
- Indian students must qualify for the NEET (UG) Exam for MBBS and BDS admission. NEET exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Application dates and deadlines :
Applications for admission in Russia for MBBS will likely to start from 1st May every year. The application form filing period is 1st May to 31st July. All applications must be submitted by July 30. We advise students to make an early application because there is a large number of applicants from all over the world and the seats are limited and hence are given strictly on a first come first served basis and depend on the availability. Therefore, there is an added benefit to those applicants who apply early.
Academic Session in Russian Medical Universities
The academic year in Russia has two semesters. The first semester in Russian medical universities begins in September and ends in January. The second semester begins in February and ends in June. At the end of each semester, students are passing exams. After this, they have holidays: 2 weeks in winter (from 25th of January to 9th of February), 2 months in summer (from 1st of July to 30th of August).
How to apply to a Russian medical university? A step by step guide to applying.
Here is the step-by-step detailed information on how to start the process for admission in Russia for MBBS. We advise you to read it carefully and pay particular attention to all stages.
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions at each stage.
1. Visit or call any of our offices/representatives for free counseling for admission. When detailed information will be provided regarding the eligibility criteria, various universities, courses fee structure, admission process, credentials, and Facilitation Fees of Continental Education Consultants. The student and parents need to undertake steps as he/she feels necessary to satisfy himself/herself regarding the decision of studying MBBS in Russia and the admission process.
2. Once the student has satisfied himself/herself about all the merits and demerits of studying in Russia, The student should submit his/her filled in admission form along with scan copy of 10th & 12th standard certificate and mark sheet or on CEC email address: email@example.com
At this primary stage, the student has to pay an initial amount of Rs. 10,000 (Ten Thousand) for University application/registration fees either through a Demand Draft favoring Continental Education payable at Delhi/New Delhi OR you can Bank Transfer the said amount to the company account.
3. Such an application is forwarded to the concerned University. Within two weeks university will issue an admission letter confirming the reservation of the seat. This letter of admission is then given to the student. At this stage, a student is expected to make the payment of Rs. 40,000 (Forty Thousand).
4. Next, CEC will apply for the INVITATION LETTER which is an official document issued by the Ministry of Foreign affairs of Russian federation. Seeking the Invitation letter is a tedious task and it takes somewhere around one month. (at this stage student should submit his original Passport).
5. Next, after receiving the INVITATION LETTER and Original Passport, CEC will apply for student VISA from the Russian embassy or consulate. Once the visa is ready, the student is informed about the date of travel. The student shall make arrangements to take necessary foreign exchange (US Dollars) for the University tuition fees and living expenses. All travel documents including the flight ticket are handed over to the student. At this stage, the student is expected to make the payment of Rs. 40,000 (Forty Thousand).
6. By this time, the students should start preparing for their travel to Russia. Besides, a check-list of necessary instructions and essential items will also be provided to the traveling students.
7. The students will also need to ensure that all the necessary documents are collected as such documents will need to be presented at the university office on their arrival.
8. On their arrival to Moscow, the students will be received by our representative who will guide them from the Airport to the University Hostel. The next day, the representative will help them to pay the college fees and Administrative fees in the university, wherein you will be joining the course of MBBS. The student will not have any problem because he/she will be guided until the complete admission process is done. We will accompany the young learners at every step on foreign soil.
CEC Provide the following services to their students:
- Providing students with all necessary information about the University and living in Russia
- Providing Admission letter from University
- Providing Invitation/VISA letter from Ministry of External Affairs of Russia
- Providing Visa from the Russian Embassy
- The arrangement of Air Tickets (Airfare paid by the student separately)
- Meeting students at the Moscow airport
- Assistance in immigration registration in the Russian Federation
- Making all the necessary arrangements to provide students with hostel accommodation
- Organizing local sightseeing tours of the city and the region
- Assisting students in undergoing medical checkup (VDRL, HIV, Meningitis, Tuberculosis, etc.)
- A students ID card, hostel card, Internat
- An opening of Bank account in Russia
Documents required for application in Russian medical university:
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Marksheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Rank Letter.
- 6 Passport size coloured photographs in white background (4.5cm /3.5cm)
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
TATKAL PASSPORT SCHEME(if students do not have a Passport, then they can apply for an urgent passport on the basis of the confirmation letter.
For any other query and clarification, please feel free to contact us on Mob. 91-9810717555
NOTE: Here’s good news for Indian students aspiring to study medicine in foreign universities. Medical Council of India (MCI) has released a Gazette notification extending the NEET validity to three years.
According to the MCI Gazette notification, the result of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) shall be valid for a period of three years from the date of declaration of results. This will help the students who are going abroad as the admission process in different countries is a time-taking exercise.
The notification also said the regulation “shall come into force from the date of publication in the Official Gazette”, which is March 14, 2019.
NOTE: Many agents promote “Subsidized Tuition Fees” with the Russian medical universities. In this scheme, they ask the students to pay 6 years’ fees together with a discount. CEC always warns the student that there is no such system by the Russian University having “subsidized fees”. The amount would be kept by the agent and ultimately you would end us in trouble when they do not pay the fees to the university on your behalf.